Grated Carrot, Broccoli & Shrimp Curry
For this recipe use...
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
1 box (8.8 oz) House Vermont Curry Med Hot
36 pieces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 stalks broccoli, separated into small pieces
3 onions, cut into bite-size pieces
3 carrots, grated
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
6-1/2 cups (approx. 1500 ml) water
2 Tbsp butter
1. In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat and lightly saute shrimp. Set aside.
2. In a medium size pot, boil water and cook broccoli for about 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large pot, heat vegetable oil and saute onions.
4. Add water to onion mixture and bring to a boil. Add grated carrots and simmer over low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat. Break up House Vermont Curry roux and add to onion/carrot mixture. Mix well. Heat again and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens.
6. Add cooked shrimp and broccoli to curry mixture and bring to a boil. Serve warm.