Shrimp and Mushroom Curry
For this recipe use...
1 box (7.8oz) House Java Curry (Hot)
16 large shrimp with tails, shelled and deveined
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
3 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 oz Crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 oz Eryngii mushrooms, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
3 oz Oyster mushrooms, divide in small bunches
2 Tbsp white wine
5 1/4 cups water
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 Tbsp heavy cream for garnish
1. Sauté shrimp with 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add white wine, cook lightly and set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large stockpot and sauté onions.
3. Add all mushrooms and continue sautéing.
4. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Break House Java Curry roux into cubes and add to the mixture.
6. Return to heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until curry thickens.
7. Add sautéed shrimp and bring to a boil.
8. Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with a swirl of heavy cream.