Beef Shank Curry
For this recipe use...
1 box (7.1oz) House Kokumaro Curry (Med Hot)
1 lb beef shank, cut in bite-size pieces
4 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
2 dried red chili peppers
2 medium carrots, cut in large cubes
4 medium potatoes, cut in large cubes
7 oz Eryngii (Trumpet) mushrooms, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 head broccoli, cut in bite-size and par-boiled
1 cup red wine
5 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot and add onions, garlic and red chili pepper. Sauté onions until they are tender.
2. Add beef shank and carrots and continue to sauté until beef is browned.
3. Pour in red wine and water, bring to a boil and skim off the foam. Simmer at medium low heat for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and Eryngii mushrooms and continue to cook until the beef is tender.
4. Remove from heat. Break House Kokumaro Curry roux into cubes and add to mixture.
5. Return to heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until curry thickens.
6. Add broccoli to the curry. Bring to a boil.
7. Serve over hot cooked rice.