Chicken and Tomato Curry
For this recipe use...
1 box (8.8 oz) House Vermont Curry (Med Hot or Hot)
1 lb chicken breast, cut in bite-size pieces
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
30 cherry tomatoes, stems removed
2 heads broccoli, cut in bite-size pieces and par-
5 cups water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 hard boiled egg yolks, finely chopped for garnish(optional)
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot and sauté the chicken and onions.
2. Add peeled tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and skim off the foam. Simmer at medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Break House Vermont Curry roux into cubes and add to the mixture.
4. Return to heat, add cherry tomatoes and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until curry thickens.
5. Add par-boiled broccoli and bring to a boil.
6. To serve, pour curry on a plate, place a mound of rice or heart shaped (optional) rice on top and garnish with chopped egg yolks.