Vegetable Keema Curry
For this recipe use...
½ pkg House Foods Java Curry 6.52 oz. Medium Hot
¼ lb. ground beef
¼ lb. ground pork
1 ¼ cups onions, chopped
¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
2 cups eggplant, chopped
¾ cup zucchini, chopped
½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
¾ cup water
1. Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onions until translucent.
2. Add beef and pork and stir-fry.
3. Add eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and half the amount of tomatoes and lightly stir-fry.
4. Add water and bring to a boil. Cook over low to medium heat for about 5 minutes then remove from heat.
5. Break curry roux into pieces and add to the saucepan.
6. Return saucepan to heat and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
7. Add remaining tomatoes into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Note The Hindu word KEEMA means "minced meat".