Mild Curry Udon
For this recipe use...
2 cubes House Foods Kokumaro Curry 4.93 oz. Medium Hot
1 lb. udon noodles, cooked
2 cups water
1 tsp. kelp stock powder, optional
¼ lb. chicken thigh, cubed
1 small onion, thinly sliced
¾ cup soba sauce, straight type
1 Tbsp. potato starch, mix with 1 Tbsp. of cold water
¾ cup milk
2 prawn tempura, optional
6 snow peas, cooked and cut in half
pepper, to taste
1. Heat water and kelp stock powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Once stock boils, add chicken and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add soba sauce and bring to a boil then remove from heat.
3. Break curry roux into pieces and add it to saucepan.
4. Return saucepan to heat and add milk. Let sauce simmer then add potato starch and stir until curry thickens.
5. To serve, place udon into two bowls and pour curry over noodles. Top and garnish with prawn tempura and snow peas.