For this recipe use...
½ pkg. House Foods Java Curry 6.52 oz. Medium Hot
1 ¼ lb. beef for stew, cubed
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 ¼ cups oyster mushrooms, sliced
1 ¼ cups shimeji mushrooms, chopped
1 ½ cups eryngii mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ cups button mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
white pepper, to taste
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cups water
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add garlic and lower heat until browned.
2. Add mushrooms into saucepan and cook over low heat.
3. Add white pepper to taste and stir mushrooms.
4. Add beef and cook until well browned.
5. Once beef has been browned, add water and bring to a boil. Cook over low to medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. Remove saucepan from heat and break curry roux into pieces and add to the saucepan.
7. Place saucepan over low heat for about 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Serve with hot cooked rice.