For this recipe use...
½ pkg House Foods Vermont Curry 8.11 oz. Medium Hot
2 ½ cups onions, thinly sliced
½ lb. squid
12 shrimp, deshelled
1 tsp. garlic, grated
1 Tbsp. white wine
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
3 ½ cups water
1. Clean squid and cut into bite-size rings, cut tentacles into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large stockpot and sauté onions.
3. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, break curry roux into pieces and add to the stockpot.
5. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
6. In a separate skillet, set to medium high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add garlic, squid, shrimp and wine. Let wine steam seafood until cooked.
7. Combine seafood and curry in stockpot and cook until sauce thickens. Serve with hot cooked rice.